Since I received a KitchenAid Artisan blender I start my day with smoothies and juices. I have created this recipe for the blog of Brandtfood, a great foodstore in Hove. It was published on their site but I wanted to share a similar version with you guys, because I just love green juices.
This great green juice is a perfect kick start of your day. Although it looks really green it tastes really sweet. Give it a try…
Green Juice - Detox
I usually slice a banana the night before and put it in the freezer. Most of the time I just keep some extra at hand because my kids also love this kind of slushi's as they call it.
Author: Must be Yummie
Recipe type: breakfast
- 1 banana - sliced and frozen
- 2 hands of wash spinach leaves
- 1 pear - peeled and cut into pieces
- ¼ cucumber - chopped into pieces
- juice of 1 lemon
- ½ tsp fresh grated ginger
- 6 fresh mint leaves
- 200 ml of coconut water
- 2 tbsp frozen pineapple or kiwi
- optional: 1 tsp wheat grass or chlorella for a really green look
- 1 tbsp of rolled oats or line seeds for some extra fiber - I like the Linwoods blend
- Put all these ingredients in your blender and mix until smooth. You can add some grapefruit juice or extra water if too thick.
Serving size: 2