After a couple of days filled with Italian food and Ferrero chocolates I was in need of a little detox. No more chocolate and sweets for me but I still needed a healthy snack since we were cleaning and working all day in our new seaside apartment. While Mr Husband was enjoying Snickers and ice cream breaks I opted for fresh fruits and roasted nuts.
When the children found my stash of roasted nuts they were gone very quickly.
I like to eat nuts as a snack, but I get bored soon, snacking on plain nuts. So this is a nice version where you can even add some Sal de Ibiza of Fleur de Sel for some extra taste. Since it was already really hot I opted for the version without salt – less thirst means less drinking means off course less sanitary stops.
You can easily prepare these nuts as a nice aperitif or as a school or picknick snack.
- 250 gr mixed plain nuts
- 2 branches rosemary - the sprigs chopped and washed
- 2 cloves garlic unpeeled
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- optional: a pinch of Fleur de Sel or Sal de Ibiza
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet and then add the nuts, the garlic and the rosemary.
- Turn down the heat and cover with a lid.
- Let this bake for about 10 minutes and stir occasionally until the nuts are evenly roasted.
- Let the nuts cool down and sprinkle with salt if you like this.
- Keep in an airtight container or eat right away!