These are by far the fluffiest pancakes I have ever made…Y U M M I E
You will love these pancakes because they are
- not too sweet but just sweet enough because of the vanilla taste
- very fluffy – this is because you use whipped egg whites in the batter and a dash of soda water
- easy to digest
- gluten free and lactose free
- easy to bake
You can prepare the batter the night before but for the best and fluffiest result you have to make the batter and bake the pancakes right away.
You can add berries or bananas to the batter, but we like them plain, served with some whipped coconut cream and jam.
- 3 large eggs
- 120 g gluten free flour - I use Dove's Farm
- 1 tsp gluten free baking powder
- 140 ml plant based milk - I use Alpro Coconut Almond
- a pich of salt
- 1 tbsp of vanilla sugar - I use Imperial
- Start by separating the eggs.
- Add the flour, baking powder and milk to the yolks and mix until you have a smooth batter
- Whisk the egg whites with the salt until they are very stiff. Gently fold these into the batter.
- Heat a non-stick pan (Green Pan's are my favorite) over medium heat. Pour some of your batter into the pan and bake until it starts to look firm. Flip the pancake over. Continue baking until both sides are golden.
- You can make special figures (Mickey Mouse) or make big or small pancakes.