When Ferrero invited me to visit their factory in Alba and the Expo in Milan I was surprised to discover that my favourite Italian holiday drink Esta Thé is part of the Ferrero products.
I will tell you all about this great trip later, now I am enjoying my holiday at the beach in Knokke and what better to drink then a nice Esta Thé.
Unfortunately this über sweet peach tea is still not available in Belgium so after my trip I decided to experiment a little and I came up with this recipe. A lot less sugar but very yummie.
We all love it.
- - 3 ripe yellow peaches, cut in 4 without the stone
- - 100 ml agave syrup
- - 3 tbsp honey
- - 2 liter water
- - Fresh mint (at least 4 branches)
- - Juice of 3 limes and 2 lemons
- - 1 teabag – I use Bois Chéri tea or Lady Grey tea
- Put a kettle on your stove and add water, agave, honey, half of the mint and the peaches.
- Let this simmer for about 25 minutes (make sure you don’t really cook the peaches or you get more of a puree). Add the teabag to the mixture and let this stand for about 5 more minutes. Remove the teabag. When cooled, strain the lemonade through a sieve and then add the lime and lemon juice and the rest of the mint.
- Serve with ice cubes and maybe some extra honey if the mixture is to sour.