Today’s post is all about my version of Heidi Swansons Double Broccoli Quinoa.
This is a healthy quick and super yummie dish you can eat either as a salad or as a side dish with a nice piece of grilled fish or meat.
You can also prepare this with rice in stead of quinoa or you might use bulgur if you like.
You must check out Heidi’s blog 101 cookbooks, a really beautiful and yummie blog!
For this recipe you need approximately 30 minutes, I see it as an alternative for the quinoa with peamousse and mint they serve at Exqi.
You can vary with your spices by using cilantro in stead of basil and you can add grated parmesan cheese as Heidi does in the original recipe.
- 1 broccoli - cleaned and cut into stems
- 2 cloves of garlic, cleaned and cut into pieces
- 4 tbsp soy milk
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- a pinch of salt
- ground pepper
- 80 gr of roasted almonds
- handful of fresh basil
- 400 gr cooked quinoa (or rice or bulgur)
- to serve: a few leaves of basil and a hand full of roasted almonds
- optional: 1 sliced avocado
- Start by steaming or cooking your broccoli stems.
- When cooked, set half of them aside and let it cool of.
- Put the other half in your blender together with the almonds, basil, olive oil and soy milk. Season with salt and pepper and blend well.
- Pour this mixture on top of the quinoa or rice and stir well.
- Serve with the rest of the broccoli, some roasted almonds and some fresh basil.