This cake has been one of my favorites and since we can’t eat gluten anymore I get to make it even more…I must have sensed it. I prepare this cake with lactose free butter from Valio and I use brown sugar or mascobado sugar. This gives a great taste to the cake that is very sticky with a nice crunchy crust. You must own a spring cake tin otherwise you won’t be able to bake this cake.
You will love this recipe:
– it only has 4 ingredients: chocolate, sugar, eggs and butter
-it takes you only 10 minutes to prepare this cake
-it is naturally gluten free
– it is delicious
- 200 gr butter
- 200 gr brown sugar
- 200 gr dark chocolate
- 4 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Butter aspring baking tin and dress it with baking paper.
- Melt the chocolate and the butter in a pan over boiling water (au bain marie) and stirr well.
- Beat the egg yolks with the brown sugar untill the the mixture becomes thick and gets a beige color.
- Beat the egg whites untill stiff. I always turn the bowl over the head of one of my kids. They really love it and luckily they have never ever gotten egg whites all over their heads.
- Fold the butter-chocolate mixture in with the eggyolk-sugar mixture.
- Gently fold in the egg whites. Don't over mix this, you need the air in your batter.
- Pour the mixture in the baking tin and bake for 30 minutes.
- When the cake becomes too dark on top just put some aluminium foil or baking paper on top of it.
- Let the cake cool down completely before you open the baking tin.