Because of all these rainy days lately I have been in the mood for some comfort food. I must admit that it is only the healthy version of comfort food because in 2 weeks Mr Husband is leaving on his trip to the mountains and he needs to be ‘sharp’. I have prepared cod with dill and polenta, salmon with salad and lentils, stuffed zuchini and todat a soup… All healthy, quick and yummie but cosy and heart warming at the same time. The soup I have prepared is a nice corn chowder.
I have been a fan of corn for a very long time…corn in a can, corn on the cobb, popcorn, polenta….I have never ever made or eaten soup made with corn….a test.
Corn is very healthy and it tastes very sweet. Full of fibres, magnesium and vitamine B.
I will make this recipe more often. For the kids served with popcorn, for the parents served with mushrooms.
- 1 white onion - chopped
- 1 chopped carrot
- ½ chopped celery branch
- 1 large can of corn, leaked
- olive oil
- 1 l of poultry stock
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- ½ l of poultry stock
- 50gr dried morille mushrooms
- 50 gr corn for popcorn
- Put some olive oil in a cooking pot and add the onion and carrot and celery.
- Let this simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add the corn from the can and let this bake for 5 minutes.
- Add the liter of poultry stock and let this simmer for 20 minutes.
- Heat some water to boiling temperature and pour this over the mushrooms, let them stand for about 10 minutes.
- Heat some olive oil in a frying pan and add the mushrooms, bake for 1 minute and add the 500 ml of poultry stock and let this simmer for 20 minutes.
- In the meanwhile pop the corn (get it :-)) in a separate pot.
- Mix the soup until very smooth.
- Add the mushrooms and/or popcorn before serving.
- Add pepper and salt for seasoning.