Since my September Challenge I started making some kind of smoothie/icecream kind of little treats for breakfast. The children just love it and the call it a sluchi. Why? I don’t know but from now on we eat sluchis for breakfast topped with berries or other fruit and some home made granola. A winning combination for a healthy and quick breakfast.
The pictures are still from september, I recommend using more seasonal fruits such as apples and figs to top your sluchi.
I always use coconut milk or for a less coconutty taste the Alpro Coconut Original drink and I add no sugar. Let the fruits sweeten your breakfast. I have bought big bags of frozen fruits at Colruyt: pineapple, raspberries and mango.
Very easy to have them standard in the freezer, but you can always freeze some fresh fruit the night before. I have already used banana, melon and peaches. The most popular version of the sluchi in our house is the raspberry smoothie sluchi. I just mix frozen bananas with the rest of the ingredients of the smoothie recipe and ready…
The version mentioned below is my favourite topped with granola and hemp seeds.
- 1 banana (diced and frozen)
- 1 mango (in cubes and frozen)
- juice of 1 orange
- handfull of frozen pineapple (+/- 80 gr)
- 200 ml of coconut milk of Alpro Coconut Original (more to your liking)
- granola, fresh fruit and hemp seeds for finishing
- Mix the banana, mango, pineapple, orange juice and coconut milk in your blender untill you get a smooth sluchi!
- Pour this in 2 bowls and top with granola, hemp seeds and fresh fruit.