Cake…I think we have all tried to bake a nice cake and every family has its favorite recipe and some special memories…
Cake means cosy, means comfort, means fun and love no?
My first memories of cake or from my granny Titi who came over with this nicebundt cake sprinkled with sugar….In the middle she always put a little rose! I just love these childhood memories.
My first ‘sweet recipe’ is one of a nice traditional bundt cake.
If you like a gluten free cake use the following mixture for a nice and fluffy result:
– 700 rice flour
-200 gr potato starch
– 100 gr tapioca starch
– 2 tsp xanthan gum
Mix these well and keep in an airtight bin.
- 250 gr (zero lactose) butter at room temperature
- 250 gr flour (for the gluten free mix see above)
- 1 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 10 gr (gf) baking powder
- 4 large eggs
- 250 gr granulated sugar
- 100 gr (soy) yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Grease a bundt (or normal) cake tin with some butter or oil.
- Mix the egg yolks with the sugar until whitened and the texture of mayonnaise.
- Mix in the butter and the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate soda.
- Gently fold in the yogurt.
- Whisk the egg whites until thick and fluffy an gently fold them trough your mixture. Gently because you don't want to lose the air.
- Pour the mixture in the cake tin and put in the oven for 45 minutes. If the cake darkens on top just cover it with a baking sheet. You know when your cake is ready if you put a knife or needle in the middle and it comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool for half an hour before turning it on a cooling rack to cool off even further.