Since a couple of weeks I have to bake double batches of granola. For some reason my kids started eating my granola breakfast and they ask for it almost everyday now. They also take the granola with them to school with a little spoon. This is a bit strange because I have been trying for ages to get them to eat a healthy breakfast with fruit, coconut cream and granola but it just didn’t work.
No idea. I think it might be because of the nutty flavor. Normally I eat quinoa granola or regular granola, but now I have a great recipe which includes a lot of nuts. And if there is one thing my kids like it’s munching on nuts.
This granola is a combination of mixed nuts, oats, rice flakes and some seeds. Delicious with fresh fruit but also a great base for granola bars. I have a new recipe for baked granola bars I am working on, I will share it with you soon.
Tip fo a great Breakfast:
- cut some seasonal fruits. I mostly like apple, grapefruit, grapes, berries, strawberries, cherries, kiwi…
- add a tablespoon of coconut cream. I put the cream in the fridge so it thickens a bit. Mostly I buy coconut cream by Colruyt or Blue Elephant Coconut Cream from Albert Heijn.
- Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of granola
- 200 gr mixed nuts - grounded with some chunks left
- 450 gr (gf) rolled oats
- 50 gr sunflowerseeds
- 50 gr lineseeds
- 50 gr pumpkinseeds
- 200 gr riceflakes
- 200 ml maple syrup
- 80 ml Isio 4 oil or melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp grounded cinnamon
- 1 tsp groundend ginger
- a pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 150°C.
- Add all the dry ingredients and stir until all is well mixed.
- Add the wet ingredients and stir with a fork for about 2 minutes until everything is covered with the oil and syrup.
- Spread the granola on a baking tray (with baking sheet!) and bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Open the oven and check that the granola is evenly baking. Stir everything and put back in the oven for another 15 minutes. Repeat until you have a golden granola.
- Let the granola cool down and keep in an airtight container.
- Delicious with some fresh fruits and coconut cream!