When Sinterklaas first arrived in the country my baby boy went for a sleepover at my sisters and guess what the dear Sint put in my boys shoe that night… a Disney Christmas Cookbook. How cool was that?
So we needed to make some of those recipes asap when he got home…
I chose for the Monster O’s Spiced Breakfast bars and replaced some of the less healthy Disney ingredients by healthier alternatives.
You will need some home made granola for this recipe.
Author: Must be Yummie
Recipe type: Granola Bars
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 45 gr of coconut oil
- 4 tbsp of honey
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 250 gr home made granola
- 90 gr chopped almonds
- ½ tsp grounded cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease a baking pan or line it with baking paper.
- Combine sugar, honey, coconut oil, honey, vanilla extract, salt and peanut butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir occasionally until everything is well combined and melted.
- Add the granola, almonds and cinnamon and stir well to combine.
- Pour this onto the baking sheet, distributing it evenly. Press down.
- Bake this for 7 - 10 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Let the mixture cool down completely (preferably overnight in the fridge) and then cut into pieces.
You can wrap them in pieces of baking sheet and finish or present them in little bags as a nice gift and add some powder for a hot coco to the gift. Great combo!