It is not always easy to stay inventive for breakfast during the #septemberchallenge . I have come up with some nice little recipes this week like roasted grapefruit, chia pudding and this really nice nanaicecream.
On Pinterest and Instagram I have seen a lot of nice pictures of #nanaicecream. I can almost hear you think now…now what is that? Nana what?… Well banana icecream is like the newest hype on Instagram. Please do me the favor to look it up, you’ll never believe the amount of pictures you’ll get. Since I am not a real banana person I haven’t experienced a lot with the banana based nanaicecream but I have made a version of my favorite fruitbreakfast: fruitpap. Okay, I’ll admit it. I still mix fruits like I did for my kids when they were babies and I love it! Nah said it. Nothing wrong with mixing some fruit up, look at all the smoothies everybody is eating right now. This was really nice, so I plan on experimenting some more….
You need a good blender for these kind of breakfasts. Mine isn’t ideal to mix frozen fruits, but hey shaking the blender a little from time to time won’t kill me. It just takes longer then it should to make the perfect #nanaicecream. PLease note: Kitchenaird Diamond Blender high on my wishlist!
You can serve this with some seeds or quinoa granola or with some dried fruits or fresh berries! I am trying out a raspberry version later this week. Tell me about your ideas…
- 2 bananas slices and frozen
- juice of 2 oranges
- 2 kiwi's peeled and diced
- 1 apple cut into small pieces (leave out the center)
- 8 green grapes
- 3 tbsp coconut water
- granola as a topping to add some crunch
- Pour the liquids in your blender and then add the frozen bananas and the rest of the fruit.
- Blend until you get a nice and smooth mixture (as you might know I am allergic to lumps, really don't like it ). You can add some extra liquid for a smoother result.
- Pour the nanaicecream in two bowls and sprinkle with granola.