These cookies were a great hit at my farewell party in the office a couple of weeks ago and I thought with the holidays coming up it would be a nice recipe to share.
For that party I prepared some of my classics like a chocolate cake – same recipe as the cake (this one not gluten free) but with some melted dark chocolate added to the dough – and polenta cake, chocolate mousse and then these beauties: oatmeal cookies.
Everything was ready, but I was having doubts about the quantity so I quickly prepared these cookies at 9 pm.
Throw everything together, make little cookies, bake for 20 minutes and ready!
The good thing is you can easily freeze this recipe so if you have unexpected guests or a late night craving you will have a batch of these yummie cookies ready in half an hour without getting your kitchen or your hand dirty, what more do you need?
These are also perfect gifts for Christmas, but more in this later.
The gluten free mix I used here is the following:
70 gr rice flour
20 gr potato starch
10 gr arrow root or tapioca starch
2 tsp of gf baking powder
- 120 gr of (gf) rolled oats
- 75 ml of coconut oil or Isio 4 oil
- 200 gr of brown sugar – I prefer Mascobado Sugar
- 100 gr of self-rising flour or for the gluten free version: 70 gr rice flour, 20 gr potato starch & 10 gr tapioca flour
- 1 tbsp of honey
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven at 180°.
- Mix all the ingredients together with a mixer or with your hands until a great ball forms.
- Make little balls with the dough. I use a teaspoon full of dough per cookie, but you can make them bigger if you like.
- Place the little balls on an oven tray covered with baking paper.
- Press the balls into round cookies, but make sure you have at least 1 cm between each cookie.
- Bake the cookies for 10 to 15 minutes. Take them out of the oven and let them cool down.
- When cooled keep them in an airtight container.