As you might already know we really love granola in this house. We eat it in the morning with fresh fruit and coconut cream, with nana ice cream or with plant based milk.
Sometimes I even make granola bars. I try to bring variation in the recipes:
This recipe came to me in an accidental way….I didn’t have enough rolled oats to prepare the classic granola but I still had a full package of rice flakes and some shredded coconut from the frozen cashew bars I prepared a couple of weeks ago.
I tossed these together with some sunflower seeds, coconut oil and maple syrup et voilà…coconut granola was born.
- 500 gr rice flakes
- 200 gr rolled oats
- 200 gr shredded coconut
- 4 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 4 tbsp coconut oil - melted (I love the coconut oil from Albert Heijn because it has a distinct coconut flavor)
- 7 tbsp maple syrup (or one or two more to your liking)
- Preheat the oven to 150°C.
- Cover a baking tray with baking paper.
- Toss all the ingredients together and keep tossing for about two minutes until all the flakes are coated with the oil and maple syrup.
- Pour the mixture on the baking tray and spread it out evenly.
- Bake the granola in the oven for about 40 to 45 minutes. Check the granola regularly so that it doesn't burn and bake evenly. The color needs to be golden.